E28 Gauges

Hello,
I have a 88 535i and want to add some VDO gauges.  I know that there is
a upgrade that someone makes that replaces the ash tray with three spots
for gauges.  I have heard that it is cheaper to purchase the gauges and
the panel separately.  Where is the best place to purchase these items.
Does anyone have any estimates as to the cost of these items.  I would
like to install oil presser, volt meter, and amp meter or oil temp.  Any
suggestions would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Shawn Johnson