Response to R. Tong re: eram

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>PS. He (you Mark) got so defensive, I do ever wonder though, when you
finish that so-called product of yours the most efficient, cheapest
(whatever you are finalizing on that ERAM). How many are you actually
going to sell it on this Digest? I'm sure I'm one of the thousands
annoyed about your invention and so tired of reading your defensive
posts. I wonder..

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth...

- - --
Reynaldo Tong
93 325i<

R.Tong,

The eram is in its finished stages , it is available, it works and I will=

continue to pay for dyno runs.
costs wont go below where they are now for a long while as I will always
use expesive components
to reduce the  chance of any problems.
    =

My defensive posts have only been to those with not well thoughout
questions.    If someone is interested
they will want it.   It works well with any mod you have done, although
targeted to the stock air box.
If you need or want an additional 5 % HP, then swallow your pride of
bashing something you didnt understand,
and get one.   If not, no worries.

Top ten most uninformed questions or comments I've received:

10.   Your  alternator will drag on the engine 2 hp to produce the 1/2 hp=

to  drive the fan.  (  wrong)
9.     you can  get up to 2 psi of ram air by using a big  scoop (  wrong=
)
8.    dyno means nothing. (  wrong)
7.    you dynoed the difference,  but on two different cars  (  wrong)
6.    5 % hp gain is not worth the trouble (  wrong, you tell me)
5.    you should just use compressed air from a tank to do your force air=

system (  wrong)
4..   1/2 psi pressure in the airbox cannot produce 5 to 10 hp (  wrong)
3.     there is no vacuum in the airbox of our cars under full throttle a=
nd
high rpms. (  wrong)
2.     you only tested it on a honda and a porsche, so it wont work on a
bmw (  wrong)
 number 1 funniest thing that I was told about ERAM or RAM air is (  wron=
g)
1.   It doesnt work  (  wrong, it does)

 MK