ABS

Jack, regarding ABS:

>Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:56:51 -0500
>From: "Money, Jack" <JMoney@domain.elided>
>Subject: <ALL> bmw's with abs
>
>everyone,
>
>i didn't see a response to someone who wondered which bmw's came
>with abs.
>i do know that all bmw's imported into the us from 1986+ came standard
>with
>abs.  that is all i know.  i would think that it was standard on larger
>models (5,6, & 7 series) or at least an option before that, how many
>years
>though i don't know.  hope this helps.
>
>regards,
>
>jack money

ABS became standard on all 535i/is, 6 series and 7 series in the U.S.
from 1985 on.  I'm not clear when it became available on any of the
eta-engined cars.  It was standard on the 325i/is/ix/ic from 1987 on.  I
answered the question privately, which is part of why you didn't see a
response on the Digest.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977