<E36> M3 or 328is

Mark, tough decision.

I decided to get a '96 328is with sport package simply because the price was
right and the insurance was a lot less (also the issue of the yearly VA
property tax).  That and the fact that I didn't know squat about BMW's when
I got the car.  But very quickly I started to yearn for the performance that
M3 offers.  So I decided to do the following upgrades:

M3 suspension, M3 wheels/tires, M3 exhaust, M3 front bumper/spoiler, M3 rear
wing, M3 mirrors, AC Schnitzer Short Shift.  Each and every upgrade was a
"great deal" that I patiently waited for by scoping the ads on the Digest as
well as the Roundel.   And let's not forget the joy and pure satisfaction on
working on your "baby."

You can imagine the "double take" that people do when they see an M3
approaching and then they see the 328is logo.  :)   But I digress... If you
think you're gonna be a taking the car to the track or autocross a lot, go
for the M3...  If all you want is a dependable, affordable, sporty
"grocery-getter," go for the 328is.  Either way, you can't go wrong.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536

PS.  The problem with the M3 is that some of the common sense items like
cruise control or the arm rest are options!   I mean, come on...  how much
added weight does the arm rest contribute?

>Well, after being BMW-less for a year and a half I just can't stand it any
longer. I'm torn between an M3 and a 328is with sports package. I'm looking
for >some help in my decision.  To those of you who may have been in the
same boat, what decision did you make and what swayed you that direction?