<e36> Rain leak @ A-pillar: others w/similar?

The rains just started over here and on our brand-new '98 323iC  (4 months old)
there is an intermittent leak from the top of the passenger window down the
interior door panel, puddling in the map pocket.  It is slow (drip, pause,
drip, ...).

The car is a convertible but this leak does not appear to have anything to do
with the top or its seals.  The source of the leak is where 3 things come
together:

	- the upper front corner of the passenger window
	- the vertical rubber seal at the triangle in front of the window
	- the door seal

The door seal appears to be squashed by the top edge triangular piece that lies
between the front of the window and the front of the door; the piece that the
side view mirror is attached to.  This appears to lead to a gap where the
window is supposed to seal against the door seal.

                       \
         passenger      \<--- source of leak
          window        |\
                        | \
                        |  \
     -------------------------
            door
                          ---> front of car

Does anyone have similar experiences before we call up the dealer to figure
this out (they have a 3-week waiting list for a non-emergency appt)?

Thanks,
		-Mike
		klein@domain.elided

'98 323iC, 2.5k miles