Reply: <E30> Manual Sunroof --> Power SR?

Hi, Steve.  I used to have a 1987 325is, which had the standard power
sunroof.  I now have a 1990 325i with manual sunroof.   While I liked the
convenience of the power roof, there are a couple of advantages to the
manual roof:

1.  Less weight in the roof of the car (no electric motor), which lowers
the center of gravity, or some such.

2.  Fewer things to go wrong.

After owning the newer car for over 2 years, I can honestly say that I
don't miss the power roof all that much.  Really, I don't.  It's no big deal, all
things considered.  OK, well maybe it would be nice, but I'd just rather
spend my money (when I have some!) on other things besides the
sunroof.

In the U.S., ABS was standard on all 1987 and later 325i, is, ic and ix
models.

Hope this helps.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter