re: Dyno Run's better option

> In different notes, mark kibort repeatedly has written:

> The ERAM is proven on the dyno, please tell me what Im missing.
> Why is it so hard to accept a dyno run.   I just can't get over the
> resistance of the reality of
> what works.

Here's my problem with your dyno gains...  the car is sitting still!

Consider a well designed ram-air kit with a huge properly designed
intake funnel.  It would show no gains in a dyno test.  But at 60mph,
the ram-air intake might actually provide a huge positive effect.
Maybe.  The dyno won't tell us, though.

The true answer to what REALLY works and what don't cost
about $5500.00!!!

Ron Katona was kind enough to enlighten me to what it acutely is
called. The 5th wheel optical reader, strap a bicycle size tire on
the side of a car, the output and software is ibm  pc based
all time over speed readings are taken at 20,000
times per second (could be wrong on 20,000,  but its alot) which
plots on a graph with two lines. One time, one speed, is accurate to .02%.

    Its a shame it cost $5500.00. This device can prove any gain or
change in acceleration (or braking) and show at what or which speed
the gains occur. The possibilities are huge!!!

I agree that dyno's do not tell the
true story, especially with an air delivery related upgrade

The really funning thing about the cone/heat shield is it works great
on a car sitting still on a dyno, what about at 50 mph? Are you
sure you are not slowing the car down? How are you sure,
your "butt-dyno"?

- --Martin
'93 325isa