Re: ABS ruined by jump start. Relay replacement required?

>Subject: ABS ruined by jump start.  Relay replacement required?
>
>Fernando:
>
>I read somewhere that a jump start could ruin the ABS if the cables were =
>not connected to the right places.  I believe it is the ABS relay that =
>gets burnt out.  A replacement should do the trick.   I would confirm this =
>information though.

Here's a handy trick if you find your ABS relay needs replacing...The ABS
relay has a 8A fuse wire inside. With a soldering iron you can replace this
wire with one from an 8A fuse which have the exposed wire (like the ones
used in fuse box). Won't even be able to finish a beer before the job's
done. How much are those relays anyways? $45-65???

Of course, this worked for me on my E30 M3. Not sure if this type of relay
was used on other systems...

Eric
GGC
87 E30 M3