Re: E36 - How to remove the storage tray/lighter/switch panel?

There is no latch.  In the top of the sunglass tray, there are two
holes that lead to the OBC.  All you have to do is push the OBC
forward out of the console, and then slide the storage tray upward and
out.  If you disconnect the wires from the OBC, it's even easier.
Good Luck

> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:18:18 -0500
> From: "Mike A." <mla1@domain.elided>
> Subject: E36 - How to remove the storage tray/lighter/switch panel?
>
> OK, I give up... other than just ripping the friggin thing out,
what's the
> secret to removing the part of the console/dash that includes the
storage
> tray/sunglass holder (whatever the hell it is), the lighter, and
> switch/blank panels?  Sits below the OBC and forward of the shifter.
 I can