Bought my car via the Internet.

I bought my 1988 325 is from a person who had advertised it on www.traderon=
line.com.  I used the Internet only to locate the car and had no thought =
of ever buying it without looking at it and testing it.  The car has been =
with me for 9 months and 20k miles and I have not been surprised by =
anything yet and I've been into almost every system and taken a look.

I found it no different from buying a car from an individual who had =
advertised in the paper, except that it is easier to search for cars and =
to get an idea of what one should pay for them by looking at the others =
posted.

In my experience, dealers are much more expensive to buy from.  My brother =
paid the same for his 1987 Mazda 626 as I did for my 1988 325 is!  I would =
be reluctant to buy from a dealer for this reason alone.  All other =
maintenance arguments that go in favour of the dealer are, of course, =
accurate.

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 is - Found on the Internet
1989 325 iC - Found parked at a dealer, but bought from the owner.

End of bmw-digest V9 #605