Re:buying used BMW's on internet

In a message dated 11/28/98 10:55:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Hi ya'll,

 	Joe wrote on the digest:

 "Greetings fellow digesters:

 With the Internet it has now become possible to find numerous BMW's
 for sale nationwide.  Has anyone purchased a vehicle via the
 Internet, or Roundel?  I have a higher level of confidence buying
 from a fellow BMW CCA member through the Roundel, than I would "Joe
 Blow."  Any feedback would be appreciated."

~~~ Buying a used BMW, with todays labor & parts prices (unless you are a
wealthy wrench) should be allocated to only a authorized BMW dealer. This way
you can get the 2yr FACTORY BMW used vehicle warranty, which is very
comprehensive and covers parts and labor. I would not buy a used BMW from a
non'BMW dealer, as these cars are usually :
A. cars that weren't cared for by a BMW enthusiast ("just another car")
B. dealer bought the car at the car auction to make some bucks-no "history" on
the car.

Just my .02 cents worth.
Randy
cookies@domain.elided