Intenet Buying

Hi ya'll,

	Joe wrote on the digest:

"Greetings fellow digesters:

With the Internet it has now become possible to find numerous BMW's
for sale nationwide.  Has anyone purchased a vehicle via the
Internet, or Roundel?  I have a higher level of confidence buying
from a fellow BMW CCA member through the Roundel, than I would "Joe
Blow."  Any feedback would be appreciated."

Dear Joe,

	My last BMW was purchased using the internet.  I browsed a
number of different websites, but the one that finally came
through for me was Classified2000.  I think they have all kinds of
stuff on there (real estate, etc.).  From the time my wife and I
started looking until we drove the car home was a little less than 3
days.  The internet is clearly a great way to find out what's out
there and for how much.  Makes dealing with the seller a lot easier.
Turns out we bought our 328is from a Toyota dealership which was
located about 5 hours away from our home.  So, we kinda didn't
totally buy using the internet.  But, we used it as a tool to find
out what's available.  If it wasn't a dealership (and the car
is still under warranty for quite a while), I'd be
leery, though.  I agree with your comment regarding buying from
fellow CCAers.  But, if you find a car that's relatively close by,
I'd definitely go and check it out.  However, if the seller was quite
distant (and not in the Club), I'd probably pass.  Then again, if
someone was offering a Z1 for $15K, I'd be one the next plane.  Take
care.

Dave
BMW CCA #95506