Bolt on HP ---Have you tried it?? It does work sometimes!

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided

Unfortunatly you don't get 84 hp by bolting all the junk on..... its not
like
simple addition. Its a wee bit less than 84....like maybe 30hp...Then aga=
in
we
can assume you were just kidding...

GGray =

<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gray,  I was partially kidding but actually regarding the the bolt on, mo=
st
is effective.

so, in all seriousness, Ive done and dynoed the following on a 175 to rea=
wheels HP bace:

1.   remove cat      (175 to 180hp gain of  5hp)    (added bypass pipe
,$175)
2.  Headers           ( 180 to 190 gain of 10 hp)    ( $700 jet hot coate=
d,
and $ 300 to install for a total of $ 1000)
3.   race exhaust   (190 to 200 gain of 10 hp)   ( 650 and installed
myself)
4 .    cam, runners throttle body,              ( 200 to 240  gain of 40)=
 =

($1200 and that was a deal, and installed myself))
5   fuel regs  to optimize mixture from 13.6 to 12.8 air to fuel.      (
240 to 244 gain of 4hp)   ($700, but a rip off)
6  ERAM          244 to 252  gain of 9hp)  (   $ 300  for the eram , but =
my
cost was less , but lots of design effort)

So, Gray, for all of the mods Ive done and dynoed, if you look above , it=

looks like every gain was in the 5-15 hp by itself.
The ERAM is right up there with the most effective HP gainers .   even if=

you split up the cams ,runners and throttlebody, they would average 13 hp=

each.       =

The total mods of above for my car were   90 hp !!   Not bad for bolt on
HP.    The most cost effective  was probably the ERAM, as it was the
easiest to install for the HP gained and the cost to buy.     And the pro=
of
is at the track  and on the street, where my 60 to 100MPH  times went fro=
12.6 to 7.9 seconds.     =

I challenge anyone to find a more cost effective way of gaining 4% hp .  =
  =

 If heard of all of the K/n stories, but have never seen it on the dyno. =
 =

Im sure the conforti chip is a biggie, but call it 20 hp or so for what,
300 bucks.   so , the eram is not too far off.

Make fun of the ERAM all you want, but it works,and I wouldnt go to the
track without it.     It is a piece of cake for install too on a E30
or 325 bmw.     =

If you want a free dyno run, Im offering it to anyone on this list for a
run at FREY racing  (you get two runs and the third is with the eram and =
it
works on a stock air box too!!)

Mark Kibort
E-RAM  www. Innoventions.org