E12 528 w/3.5lt VS E30 325i

Digesters,
		Just a quick question for you to ponder.  My mate and I
were sitting around the other day talking about out bimmers (suprise
suprise), and he made a comment that his E12 528i with the 3.5lt engine
(from an 86' 7 series) would out perform (accelerate) my E30 325i.  I
polietly told him that i don't think so, and did he start cracking the
shits.  Its was quite funny actually :-).  So i told him that I would
present the question to some people who KNOW bmw's, hence this email.  Can
anyone provide a thought?.  Before anyone says "GO OUT AND TEST THEM",
he's too conservative for that type of thing :-)

cheers.
	Aaron

- --  Aaron Miles (aaron@domain.elided)
- --  System Administrator - Impact Creativity Centre.
- --  1988 BMW 325i Executive.