Re: AGLA shifter boots

Ken W. writes:

<< Does anyone here have an AGLA shifter boot, preferably on an E30?  My
 E30 M3 has the stock integrated boot and knob, but I want to put on my
 illuminated knob, so I need a boot.  I want a nice leather boot and
 saw the one that Bav Auto has and found it ugly.  I wonder if the AGLA
 one is nice.  I'd like one like was on my '97 318ti Sport: soft,
 textured, and with visible stitching. >>

Hi Ken,

I have the one piece Alan Gun boot/knob on my E30 and love it. I was really
impressed with Alan Gun. I ordered the boot to match my (then) grey leather
interior and he sent me aprox. 6 different swatches of medium grey leather
colors to ensure we had the best match possible.

My boot has the stiching on the underside of the boot. Alas, Alan seemed to
custom make most of his products, so I don't see why he couldn't make
something to suit your tastes. Maybe even with ///M color stiches (ala most
newer ///M interiors).

I have no affiliation.......yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Good luck!

Matt Meakin
#121191
Tarheel Chapter / SCCA / ISOP
'88 325iS (club racer under construction) *always looking for more sponsors*
'79 635csi euro (my baby)
'79 635csi euro (faaaaast daily driver)