<E30> short shift kit

Currently have my tranny out or it will be out by the end of the day so I
believe that now
would be a good time for a change to the shifting system.  So here is what I
have seen
about short shifters.

The manufacture of the one I had seen moved the pivot point up which in turn
increased
the length of the throw.  I have also seen an improved pivot socket that
will return the
attachment point angle for the transmission shifting rod back to pre-kit
status.

My question is decrease in shifter movement justify the cost of the two
kits?

My next question is which kit or kits to go for and what problems has any
one
had with either the installation or the use of them?

  Mark P.      (I have nothing to do with eram)
  '89   325is  (current problem child)
  '84   318i    (old reliable)