Re: bmw CLASS ACTION/the Ultimate responsibility

In a message dated 11/25/98 6:04:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Chuck Shimkus <chas@domain.elided>
 Subject: Re: bmw-digest V9 #586

 Problem?, What problem? You over-revved your engine. Nick is right
 on the money. Is this your first manual shift vehicle? Might make
 sense to practice with a beater until you've got it down, not a
 $45,000 car. The answer to your problem may be the 4 door automatic.
 Should BMW pay if you lift and crash in a high speed corner? It's
 not a manufacturers defect. I can hear the lawyers saying "let's see
 how long we can drag this one out, those BMW owners have deep
 pockets"  Blame? Accept the consequence of your mistake.

 Charlie Shimkus
 85 325
 88 944TS >>

Charlie (and everybody),

If everyone hasn't realized it yet, the only winners in a Class Action Lawsuit
are the ATTORNEYS. Both the defense counsel and plaintiff's counsel racks up
the hourly charges, only to "smile" across the room in court at each other,
knowing that it's about $250/hr X 2 lawyers.

Case in point. The 1992-1993 Mercedes S class debacle. What did the consumer
get? A certificate for about $2k to $7k off the NEXT S class they bought. What
did the attorneys get?? LOL......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guess "who won"
Randy
cookies@domain.elided