Re: Lower body painting and misc.

     >>I've only seen these trim panels painted on two cars, and it looks
     >>crappy!! ........

     >Matt, you probably haven't seen my car then. Perhaps painting these
     >trim pieces SEPARATELY is what makes them not look good. I had my
     >entire '92 E35 325i 4dr repainted earlier this year and had them
     >paint the lower bumper/rocker panels as well. Looks great! ......

     >Regards,
     >John

     John,

        Well, I guess it all comes down to the skill of the body shop who
     do the painting.  When I bought my car from the dealer, I asked them
     to paint all the lower front/back bumpers and side skits to the same
     body color.  And they do come out great!
        BTW, is anybody know how to tell whether the car has the coded
     driveaway protection system installed?  I think they came out sometime
     in '95.  Someone from the dealer once told me to check the color of
     the diode on the car key.  If its yellow light then it has the
     security feature.  Is that true?

     Regards,

     Peter Li
     NJ BMWCCA