Re: blue lights / O2 sensor

I'll take a stab and then give some debug hints.

First, is it the right sensor?  Be sure it's installed correctly.  I've never
done it so I can't give you tips on this.
Second, you'll need a DVM to diagnose this problem.  If you don't know what a
DVM is, you may need help in diagnosing the problem.  If you do, then check to
make sure your splice connections are good with the continuity tester with the
DVM.  If thats good, then you can hook up a jumper wire from the output of the
sensor at the connection at the firewall and run this into the cab and connect
into the DVM.  Use the ground on the rim of the lighter for the ground to the
DVM.  Now you can monitor the voltage of the 02 sensor while the car is
operating.  Then while driving, the voltage should be running OK.  If theres
none or wildly skewed, the new sensor may be bad.  I forget the voltage it
should oscillate around,  Maybe .5V?????  I just can't remember.

Hope this helps, my guess is the splice connections are not tip-top, I would
start there.

Take Care,
Russ