Windshield replacement-Safe Lite

Had to replace my windshield after picking up a rock on the way back
from M Day(also picked up a speeding ticket in good old S.C.!)The idiots
from Safe Lite replaced the same old molding and as it had shrunk-it
does not fit right and is cracked in places.Now I'm fighting with GEICO
to replace the molding and the windshield again-Safe Lite claims the
windshield will brake on removal so the new windshield has to be
replaced again.I'm posting this so that others don't make the same
mistake-be sure to get authorization for a new molding as well when
sending in a claim for a windshield.
Mel
1991 E34 M5