Nazi Cops

>90% of people only have contact with law enforcement during a traffic
>stop.
>in most cases they are getting a citation so this is a negative
>experience.
>Grown adults HATE being told they have done something wrong.  5% are
>contacted as a result of being a crime victim.  Although getting
>victimized
>is a bad thing, these contacts with the police are usually positive.  And
>of course the other 5% are the bad guys we catch, and nobody seems to
>care
>what their opinions are anyway.

Just thought I'd chime in.  You mentioned the song cop killer, and how big
of a success it was.  Doesn't that clue you into the attitudes of most
Americans?  It is naturally assumed by the police, that the public
dislikes them because their encounters with the police are usually when
they are being stopped for a traffic citation, as you stated in that
quote.  This is true, but if a police officer gave me the citation, and
said "sorry, you broke the law, and I have to issue you a ticket", then I
for one would not dislike the officer, I understand hes doing his job, and
its my bad luck in that case.  But in about 95% of the cases, the officers
immediatly give you an attitude.  In about 100% of the cases, the officer
is condescending, and feels as though he is not merely a servant of the
law, but an adminstrator of it.  That the law is his own word, and that he
and he alone will come crashing down upon me from up on high.  I once
walked into a police station to ask for directions, and I was given
attitude.  Rather then tell me how to get to my destination as any nrmal
citizen may have done, he first has to ask where I came from, where I was
going, all the while looking at me in suspicion.  And I'm not even part of
any minority group who have been known to be targeted by police (for
anyone who lives in New York City).

Final word, people aren't as stupid as we like to say they are.  Theres a
reason there is such a high degree of contempt for the police.  Its just a
shame most police officers do not try to resolve the issue the right way,
but go in the opposite direction and try to quelch our discontent with the
police.

 --------
 Mark (aka cu) / iCE Staff
 cu@domain.elided