re:<Misc> Electric Drills/impact drivers

Mark,

There will be a few varying degrees of opinions here regarding electric
drills etc.

Personally I use a Ryobi Electric drill I got for about for 30 bucks @ home
depot.  I just never tried any of the dedicated impact drivers so I have no
experience there.  However, my drill is one of the most useful and cost
effective tools I have. Just use a breaker bar to start the tough stuff and
a torque wrench to finish it of. I use that thing for everything, lugs,
caliper bolts, removing plugs, oil pan bolt and about a million other
little things.  Once it's tightened down with the drill ( most electric
drills today can be set to different levels of tight like a drag setting on
a fishing reel) finish it off with the torque wrench and voila!  I haven't
really come across anything that couldn't be done like that.
	If it's a gift then get the Cadillac of all electric impact drivers, but
my crappy little Pinto of electric drills does the trick every time-good luck

Robbie Kollar
Knoxville, TN
95 ///M3