95 M3 valve retainer and shock question

Hi all,

I posted a message yesterday about 95 M3 valve retainer and I guess it did
not get through.  My question is, I have a 95 M3
with luxury package and production year of 9/95, does anybody know whether
my car still has the old valve retainer or the new
one? Because I recall someone mentioned about starting 10/95 the luxury
package M3 has already got the updated valve
retainer.
Another question is about shocks. I upgraded my stock M3 springs with H&R
sport springs (they lowered the car really good).
However I still keep the stock shock on my car. Does anyone know whether I
should change the shock too (to compensate
the lowered springs)? What is the effect of keeping the standard shocks with
the sport springs? Will it damage the shocks?
Thanks!

Junaidi W Irwan
Email: junaidi.irwan@domain.elided