Re: Offset spacers...

At 12:33 AM 11/24/98 -0600, Daniel David Ayd wrote:
>Does anyone know what alloy the wheel spacers are made of?  I have
>access to a metal lathe at school and want to know if I can make some
>spacers rather than spending $350 for some from BMP Design.  Also, does
>anyone know if there are cheaper spacers available?  Any info on the
>subject would be greatly appreciated...
			The spacers are made of high strength aluminum.  The ones I stock for
BMW, Audi, Mazda, etc are hubcentric units made by H&R (actually only the
8mm and larger sizes are hubcentric).  Make sure you purchase the longer
lug bolts with the spacers...the most popular spacers for BMW are 15mm
thick and require M12x43mm lug bolts.  A set of 4 is much cheaper than
$350.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com