<E36> Euro LED, Glass sensor? and hardwire garage remote?

Hi Digestors, after a weekend of fixing up my Euro LED, I have some
questions concerning it.

First question, I used the stock LED for my garage opener LED now.
However, I'm curious if anyone has hardwire their garage opener to the
cigar lighter?  It would save a lot more time since it's difficult to pop
out the OBC everytime you wanted to change the battery or something.  The
garage door takes a 9V power supply.

Second question, the only reason that I used the stock LED for the garage
opener is because there is a glass  sensor right underneath the stock LED
light.  Has anyone relocated the glass sensor to else where?  I'm curious
on how everyone else's look.  Is on the OBC console the best place to put
the glass sensor?

Third question, does anyone know how to adjust the stock BMW alarm's
sensitivity?  I tried to hitting the winshield, dropping pennies on the
glass, shaking the car up and down, yelling inside the cabin, even banging
the glass sensor.  No luck, the alarm just refuses to go off.  Only after
I bang the glass sensor against the dash a couple times, the alarm goes
off.  I'm hoping to adjust the sensitivity level up a bit.  The alarm was
already installed when i purchased the car used from someone, so I'm
guessing it's installed by the dealer.

Fourth question, is there any new additional features I could add to the
stock alarm?  I would like to get the feature where the alarm
automatically arms itself after 1 minute or so and maybe some other
feature (extend range of the remote, I noticed that the remote range is
VERY VERY limited.  Also the parking light flash when the alarm arms and
disarms).  I noticed that the BMW stock alarm for the E36 is very cheezy,
the alarm is not loud at all.  It's barely audiable when arming and
disarming, and doesn't even flash your parking lights.  Doesn't anyone
find that annoying?

That's all the question for now, thanks for your help in advance.

			James
			'95 325isA

ps.  many thanks to Ron Stygar for great instructions on the Euro LED
install instruction.
pss.  I have some connectors left over from the Euro LED install.  If
anyone is interested, I could give them away free of charge (just send me
a pre-paid envolope).

End of bmw-digest V9 #577