More Parking Stuff

Glen Chow writes:
I guess if you are really paranoid, you could carry around a autocross
pylon, or police line tape, or construction gates, etc and use it to block
parking spaces beside you!

That's the spirit!   I remember years ago going to lunch with some
co-workers.   Brenda didn't want to drive, because she would lose her great
parking space.   So I had her pull out of the space, and I moved a traffic
cone (otherwise wasted to indicate a construction area nearby) into the
space.   When we returned, I got out of the car, retrieved the cone and she
had her spot back!

So, everyone, go buy some surplus cones from the DOT and guard the doors of
your precious Bimmer!

And here's a thought -- wouldn't it be safer to park so that another car
would have their driver's door against yours, not the passenger door?   My
thinking is that the driver is familiar with his or her car and knows how
far to swing open the door, whereas a passenger may not know the car (and
care even less) and whack it against yours?