Radio Specs

Does anybody know the basic specifications of the stock radio/CD/amp
combination in a 1994 E34?  I like to have good sound but I also like the
built-in look of the stock setup.  What's more important with this system?
Replace the head unit with or without an amp?  Or just upgrade some or all
of the existing 8 or 10 speakers in the car?  I know that replacing
everything is the best option but if you were to do one thing, what is the
best course of action?

TIA for any advise.

Tomas S. Perez
tsperez@domain.elided