<E30> some info please

YAY! I finally got a E30 325i. I have been looking for over a year and I now
have one. It's a 1991 E30 325i SE 4 door, with 5 speed, and 95,000Kms (55K
miles). It was one of the last 50 E30's ever sold here in NZ. It's glacier
blue with ultramarine interior.

Err...anyway...

I had a pre purchase inspection done and am told it needs new rear subframe
bushings - one has collapsed. How do I tell which is the collapsed one? They
both look and feel the same. Can I do the job myself - I have a hoist and a
full set of tools (ex workshop), but I am not completely sure how to do the
job. I thought you needed a press to do it - is three tonnes enough?

I am reasonably well experienced in working on cars, but don't want to screw
it up.

Thanks for your help,

Allan Williams
91 325iSE/4