Re: Shipping Cars

Robert Kollar wrote:
>Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:55:36 -0500
>From: robert l kollar <robkollar@domain.elided>
>Subject: How to ship a car?
>
>Hey Gang,
>
>Any one know of a good company or method to ship a car?  I may be buying
>something from a lot farther away than I would care to drive and need a
>reputable car carrier for this.  Thanks
>Robbie Kollar
>Knoxville, TN Smoky Mtn Chapter
>95   ///M3

Robert,  I can tell you who NOT to have do it:  Pilot Transport.  They
ruined an E-Type Jaguar my company was having them move for me,  drove it
straight off the transporter into the side of a cement-block building -
then disclaimed any responsibility.  Long story, but they basically told me
"Tough sh*t", our driver says he didn't do it!  As to your question:  try a
moving company, or any freight hauler that might have a truck dead-heading
(travelling empty) in the direction you want to go.  Goggin Trucking is good.
RC