beware of pulley reducer claims ---- 60-100 tests

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>Hmmm...why do they only guarantee results when measured on a rolling
road test?  Will it work on a dyno too?  It seems to make sense but
3-6HP for $150, that's not that great...if I hear testimonials I might
be interested...because I'm always interested in freeing up HP lost to
parasitic things.

That reminds me, does anyone make underdrive pulleys for the E30, 325i?
Unorthodox says they may this spring...maybe.

Thanks...

Dan
<

 will gain 3-5 hp. I belive in some cars maybe,  because of the water pum=
p,
and  fans.

But , the alternator will still draw the 2 or3 hp as it needs regardless =
of
gearing.    You can =

remove your  fan, and save the 5  hp it takes to drive it at the 6-7000 r=
pm
range,
and install an electric cooling fan that only draws about 15 amps..  And =
as

far as the waterpump.   this would be the only benefit.

Ask questions and look a the dyno runs , not 30 to 80 or whatever, as thi=
is a tough =

test due to the 3 shifts.  Try 60 to 100 in 3rd gear  as this gives you a=
 9
second or so run , =

without a shift, and it parallels a dyno run time duration.  (less human
factors , the better)

If you car to post the results, Ive tested an E30 from basically stock to=

highly modified.
the times were 12.2 for 60 to 100 and after mods, it was in the low 9's. =

Check what you get!

Mark  =

So, =