BMW thoughts

Hi All:

So I was out and about today, sometimes walking, sometimes driving and a
couple of thoughts crossed my mind-

1)While walking back from a service station (getting a truck smogged), I
was waiting at a crosswalk, pausing for traffic to clear so I could cross
the street (yes, I did look both ways ;) and it had appeared that it was
never going to stop. (It was El Camino Real in Santa Clara for those who
know of it.)  And what do you know? The only car that stopped to let me
cross was a BMW! (Looked like a 92 528) Why is it that everyone (not us)
thinks that BMW drivers are assholes? Here is a clear indication of the
contrary. Food for thought.

2)Regarding US M3s and various interations thereof.... I saw an M3 which I
assumed to be a 97 luxury version at the BMW dealer today, but the
interesting thing was that it had the "standard 10-spoke" wheels on it.
Were they an no-cost option for the luxury edition? I *think* it was a
luxury version because it had the horizontal slats in the air dam. Isn't
that a sure sign that it was the luxury model? Of course the owner could
just have simply swapped the wheels, but I was curious and any info the
list could provide would squelch that curiousity since I enjoy my cat and
would want anything to happen to it. (Sorry- its Friday and I'm punchy.)

Oh, one last thing, is Jim C around? I have a hunch that he is on
assignment/vacation/sabbactical/etc since he hasn't posted and hasn't
returned any email. No biggie, just curious since I want to shark my car.

Thanks for the bandwidth,
- -Ed
- --
Ed Wodzienski (E3)
'98 M3/4 via Euro Del w/Euro Headlights (Waiting to be sharked)
'90 Ninja ZX-7