Re: <ALL> cleaning rags

Jack,

My wife prohibited me from using the washer, so I tried to take them to
the laundromat. The laundromat guy stopped me while I was puttiing the
rags into a machine and sent me packing. Since then, I've been buying
the 75 pack of shop rags for $12 at CostCo, and just throwing them away.
I don't feel great about it, but I don't see another solution. Perhaps I
can throw the old rags in the recycling (the county collects all our
recycling mixed in a large garbage can, and sorts it themselves), and
hope for the best. If you find a better solution, let me know.

Joel Marion

'88 535i
'68 2002  using lots-o-rags

> everyone,
>
> was wondering how all you DIY'ers clean shop rags which get full of oil,
> gas, other fluids, etc...my wife said to just put them in the washer - ha!
> no way.  if she wants a new washer she's gonna have to do better than that!
> i thought about taking them to the local coin laundry but i would also like
> to know what kind of detergent gets that crap out good.  thanks for all
> input.
>
> regards,
>
> jack money
> motor city chapter