SMG-<SubMachineGun>Sequential M Gearbox

Hi Auto Enthusiasts,

According to Tom Stewart, writer of Top Gear mag, it's a six-speed
transmission, and in sport mode, you move the SMG lever backwards for
upchanges and forwards for downchanges.  For quick takoff, select first,
hold lever forward and build the revs up 4000, and the SMG
automatically"drops" the clutch.  Be ready for the orange "change up" light
in the instrument panel then, while holding full throttle, change to second
and so forth.  In sport mode, the SMG would not change automatically.  The
SMG also blips the throttle for a smoother downchange.

There is also a Economy and winter mode.  In the E mode, it changes up and
down automatically, according to your speed and driving style.  While in
Winter it starts in second and changes gear more delicately.

I hope we get it as an option, maybe even in F1 style in the next E46 M3
model.  That too much ask for?

Sudesh.

B Sudesh Tiwari
IT Support, Corning Inc.,