<E 30> Automatic to 5 Speed Transmission Conversion....

I know this will not directly answer your question but have you considered
selling the auto and getting a manual car. This particularly makes sense if
you are doing the upgrade for performance reasons. The ETA is great but I
would sell it and look for a 325is or even a M3. A 325is will only cost a
little more than what you could sell the ES for.
I think the only thing that will go fast with this conversion is the amount
of $$ you will spend.

IMHO
Dave '87 325 5-spd