Cables/Chains

I am headed into my first winter with my 540i.  Is there a recommended
manufacturer or supplier of tire cables.  I'll be making a run up to Lake
Tahoe for T-day and could use some advice.  When my wife and I got married,
she had a '78 Trans Am (that car and I never got along, it's gone I
stayed).  Anyway, we drove that POS up to the Lake one winter and on the
way home, one of the chains broke.  It made a mess of the right rear
quarter panel.  I would really like to avoid the same experience (Pontiac
piloting and chain break).

Thanks,

John Fagerlund

'95 540i