Augustiner beer (made in Munich like BMWs)

Jan,

Augustiner is widely available in bottles
(half-liter) in Germany; it has a picture of monk
holding a beer mug on the label and gothic
writing. I know because it was one of 2 beers sold
on the military base I lived on in Germany
(Lowenbrau was  other one; the real one not the
rebottled Miller GD available here).It tastes like
crap in the bottle though. I have seen it at least
once here in the US.

And in Spartanburg, as well as the rest of S.
Carolina, the only beer available is BUD. (just
kidding).

Andy