sequential

>Scott, I might have re-touched that thread again...  BMW sequential
>transmission (Steptronic?) has been an option I believe on '97 + European
>M3's. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).    It's the coolest, sweetest,
>shifter that you can imagine.  The shifter moves up and down and basically
>allows for full throttle up-shifts since alas! there is no clutch.  All
>shifting is controlled by a computer and all you do is enjoy the smooth and
>precise shifts.

It is some what like a Motorcycle Trani.  They use there on F1 and Indy cars
as well.  It can be a much faster shift Again ever heard of a automatic
Motorcycle?  Yup you still have to shift but no clutch.

Randy Little                       Represented by:
R.S.Little Studio                Jim Zaccaro & Assoc.
Photography & Digital Imaging    http://home.earthlink.net/~jimzacc
http://www.rslittle.com

End of bmw-digest V9 #554