Re: BMW CCA overseas ballots

Keith Wollenberg writes:

> I just got off the phone with the National Office in Boston.  They told me
> that the deadline for you, and other members living abroad, is the same as
> for all other members--February 12, 1999.
>
> If you want to be sure to get a ballot in a timely fashion, you will have
> to write or e-mail the National Office with a credit card number.  They
> will then Fed Ex you your ballot.
>
> This procedure seems cumbersome, and makes it rather a large burden for
> you to vote, but that is the procedure.

Thanks, Keith, for calling the national office on my behalf! This is a
better answer than I received last year when they wrote they were
terribly sorry but they would not be able to air mail a ballot to me.
However, if I would like to vote in future CCA elections I could have
the Roundel sent by air mail for another $50 a year.  (Satch also
thought I should receive the Roundel by air mail but then I suspect an
editor would say that. :)

I am not sure why the national office still can't use send something
like an absentee ballot through the U.S. mail. If it something in the
bylaws or club procedures, perhaps they should be changed.  Anyway, if
I want to vote, I know how I can.  Thanks!

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided