<e28>Valve Adjustment

Hello all,

I will be adjusting the valves in my 535is this weekend and was
wondering about replacing my oil spray bar hold down bolts. I
understand that new bolts are available which won't loosen/break. Does
anyone know how I can tell if I have the newer bolts?

As an aside, I've noticed a slight "ticking" sound from the engine ever
since I bought it in August and assumed that it was the valves.  Last
weekend though, using a poor man's "stethescope" (a short metal dowl
held up to my ear) I listened to various parts of the engine to try and
locate the exact source of the "ticking".  To my surprise, when I put
the "stethescope" on the base of the fuel injectors I heard a noticible
"ticking" sound.  Has anyone else ever come across this?  This is my
first fuel injected car, but on other fuel injected cars, I've never
heard the injectors this loud.  Could it mean that my injectors are
defective? Thanks in advance.

Dave Sanchez
'87 535is
BMWCCA 159157