Excessive? steam from the exhaust (continued)

As to the amount of steam, I would say that my car is producing more steam than
most other cars I see both when idling and in traffic. In addition, my car is
not equipped with a cat. My concern here is primarily that, could there be a
major problem with the engine. Or could this be due to the fuel mixture being
adjusted (richer)this fall? The car was running lean at >2500 rpm, which caused
driveability problems. I can't tell whether the mixture adjusting have increased
the steaming as this is the first winter I have the car.

- -Sami

- -----
Maybe just another stupid question, but I wonder if it is normal that there is
quite a lot of steam coming out from the exhaust of my 525i -89 even when the
engine is warm. It is about -10 degrees Celsius here in Finland. I know that
when the engine is cold, there should be steam coming out, but I
would guess considerably less when warm. The steam seems to be ordinary water
steam.

Any thoughts?

TIA, Sami

- -----