US to Euro bumpers

Bims,

I saw the post from someone about making his 5 look more like a
normally designed car rather one that has had some hideously tacked on
slabs of steel.  Before I really get into this topic, I just want to
say one thing, Who was responsible for this desecration of our beloved
automobiles and what in the hell were they thinking?  I mean it looks
like a total after-thought.  You can tell the Engineers were
responsible for this one and not the designers.  (no offense to any
Engineers, as I am one myself, but anyone who is one knows what I
mean)  A car like a BMW, and a car that costs as much as a BMW, should
not have bumpers that look like someone from the third world designed
and built them.  I mean, just compare them to the European
counterparts.  I think the greatest example is the US market 6 Series
compared to the Euro model.  The Euro's front end belongs in a museum,
it is absolutely the most gorgeous car BMW has ever manufactured, *In
My Opinion*. (with the 3.0 CSi coming in a very very close second)
[(flame away)]  If you start looking from the rear, the US car is sexy
until you see that front bumper sticking out two feet ahead of the
nose.  Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it's pretty far out
there.  And I have another question while I'm on the 'box, Why didn't
they put a front spoiler on the early 6 Series cars?  The 635's, which
had the nasty bumpers but also had a spoiler, look better than the
633's, but you can still see that bumper just too far out there.  I
know there is some kind of absolutely rediculous US law that says that
the bumper has to extend so far beyond the furthest edge of the front
end, but I think this case is so extreme.  You know what it really is,
It's an optical illusion.  The 80's models, with the exception of the
E30's, all had the "shark nose" styling that only accentuated the
length of the bumpers to satisfy said law.  Maybe it's some kind of
conspiracy cooked up by the evil arch rival Mercedes.  Then again,
their 80's model cars had some design issues with their headlight/turn
signal clusters.  But I digress.  Let me present my final question.  I
am going to remove the front bumper off of my '83 633, which is
E28-based, and *hopefully* replace it with a Euro one from an
E12-based 6 Series.  Question one: Is these even compatible?  Is it as
easy as unbolt old, replace with new?  (fingers and toes crossed)  Any
different parts, read bracketry, required for the swap?  Are the front
wings different betwen the two models?  And finally, Anyone actually
done this?

I truely am sorry for exposing you all to the meaningless mind babble
poured out above.  I just am one of those people who is pissed off
every week when I see how much money big brother rapes us for and all
the things we are not allowed to do in our supposedly "free" country,
and when they start f'ing with my car's styling, well...that's just
the last goddamn straw!  Please excuse me while I go take my thorzine.

bob
fort wayne, in
1983 633 CSi

ps...yes, I am totally insane, but life is just so much more
interesting!
pss...Budweiser gets my vote on the beer thread.  Come on, they don't
call it the King of Beers for nothing.