Chart and Chips, Q & A??

I just recently bought a Turner Chip for my 85 535i, I was wondering..I
actually think that most companies buy their chips from one distributer and
"stick" their logo on it, is this true?  Almost every company I checkied out
claimed the same HP and Torque increases, So I assumed that they all use the
same chips.  I didn't ever even hear about Jim C. untill I joined this list.
My Question is....Did I waste my money on a "bunk" chip? I heared on this list
I believe that if a gain is present that it is only in a non full throttle
situation, is this true?  If it is that sucks because if I am racing someone I
will probably be at full throttle, and if it is true, what good is a gain at
3/4 throttle? Obviously you aren't making more HP at 3/4 throttle than at full
throttle, so is it actually a fake claim?  Thanks

Nathan
85 535i