<WOB>Re: European vs American versions of EuroBeer

Some beers are different despite having the same name. Guinness is the
perfect example. It being my beer of choice I can tell you the
following:

1. Ireland gets non-pastuerized Guinness, the rest of the world gets the
pasteurized version.
2. Great Britain & I believe some of the continent gets Guinness brewed
in the London brewery instead of from Ireland.

3. All U.S. Guinness comes from the Dublin,Ireland brewery.

4. Guinness on draft is quite a different beer than Guinness in the
bottle! Bottled Guinness has a higher specific gravity(alcohol) and is
higher in bittering hop content. Personally I won't touch the bottled
stuff. Sierra Nevada does the same with their Pale Ale.
5. Surprisingly the best store bought Guinness comes in the nitrogen
charged can. If you tried Guinness in the bottle and hated it give this
one a try.

> Mike & Cheryl Biles <tiramisu@domain.elided> wrote:
> A friend of mine here in Wichita owned a little bar that
> had Guinness on tap and there is a world of difference between the tap >and the bottle

now if I could just get all the Euro parts(headlights, bumpers,etc) for
my E28 535!!!

Erick Baumeister
'88 535iA BMWCCA#131280