re: roundels for wheels

someone wrote:
>> (I need to buy some new Roundels for my wheels and was wondering
>> if I should hold off for modernization.)

You miss the point of BMW Legal's trademark protection.  The _print_
version of the roundel is changing to make it harder to reproduce and
easier to protect once the old ones are "purged".  The intent of the new
logo treatment is to become closer in appearance to the logo as used on the
vehicles.  The vehicle logo will not change except to improve, perhaps, the
quality of the part which you can already see on the E36 Convertible trunk
badge and the R1200C tank emblem.  Those that have seen the new E39 M5 will
have noted a change in the M logo as well with a definite curvature
introduced.  Wheel badges are still the same as they always were.

- -Phil Marx