Parking lots

I try to find nice corner spots too. At home I have a corner spot that has
a curb next to it. I also live in a townhouse development which seems to be
the Toys R Us proving grounds. I cringe everytime a kid with a bicycle goes
near the car. My other car has a nice crease from handle bars on it. I keep
a car cover when I know I'm done driving for the day and if I'm running in
and out I'll find another spot. There was a little kid swinging a golf club
like a baseball bat. The minute he got within 10 feet of the car I started
yelling at him. People figure you have a BMW you can afford to fix it. I
have a 98 ti Sport with 55+ payments to go. There are SUVs in my
neighborhood that cost more than the ti and must cost a helluva lot more to
operate. It goes back to the BMW badge. Some people resent it.

But the real solution for parking lots are those rubber bumpers that
boaters use. Three or four rubber bumpers seem to work well. Need to
protect the front and rear bumbers of the car and a couple hanging on the
side. If you get them to match the car they do look better. Of course for
those on a budget, old tires hanging from the side will work also.

Something that sometimes works is to draw an outline of a person in the
spot next to you and get some of that 'police crime scene -  do not cross'
tape. Probably won't work in DC though.

When I need to park in my 9 hour lot I usually look for people that have a
lot of time on the meter. It's also funny that you start to learn where the
parking spaces are bigger. In the lot I park at the spaces get
progressively wider closer to one end.

Have you ever noticed that just about every POS car parked has a scrape on
the corner of the bumper? BTW, I also park butt in unless prohibited.

And I never take up two spots
But then again I don't use my fog lights all the time either.
That's a thread for when it gets real boring. ;)

I do hug the side of a spot when it's an end spot.
Usually only to find someone parking illegally next to me!
You really can't win. Just call one of the dent wizard type guys.
Best $65 I every spent to take out a door crease.

Hey, please check out http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/service
It's shaping up nicely.

I also have a 318ti page at http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/

..steven