Re: WOB: but beer

Andrew D.Mendez <amendez@domain.elided> writes:

> Jan, you are speaking heresy! This is like saying
> Janet Reno reminds you of Gillian Anderson (both
> are carbon-based life forms). The Pilsner Urquell
> available in the US tastes considerably different
> than the version sold in Europe (due to
> stabilizers/preservatives), but still has much
> more body and hoppiness than RR....

I just talked to the Pilsner Urquell's U.S. market freight forwarder.
He is under the impression that the U.S. gets the same beer as Europe
and that it needs neither preservatives nor stabilizers before its one
year expiration date.  Given the mutual near worship of good Pilsner
by my BMW brethren, however, I will try to get the straight scoop - or
rather, the straight shot if research demands it, preferably with
some Becherovka.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided