RE: Car WashinŽ

>>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:31:14 -0500
>>From: Duane Collie <drcollie@domain.elided>
>>Subject: RE: Car Washin'

>>>Recommended wax?  I have a bottle of zymol in the garage.

>>Here you run into a time/effort kind of thing.  If you really want to d=
o a
>>bang-up job on the car finish you need to frist CLEAN the car with a
>>dedicated cleaner, then POLISH the car with a automotive polish, and
>>finally WAX the car to seal it all in.

Hello...

I would never polish a new car.
But I would also wax a new car which is only several weeks old.
It will protect the paint against enviroment polutions and close
the paint surface.
For cars up to one years old it is actual only recommended to
use pure wax without polishing additives.
Test in automobile magazines shows that, depending to the wax,
you will have a protection for about 2-3 month including several
wash sessions.
To support the protection it is recommended to use a car wash soap
with wax addetives. This will extend the wax protection.

For me the paint killer #1 are the Car Wash Machines with their
fast rotating brushes.

Here in Germany it is very hard to clean the car by yourselve and
actually it is not allowed anymore. But we have several service
stations were you can wash your car by hand (with payment).
The wash water will be collected and can not go to the ground.

My cars never saw a car wash machine. And even after 2 years, without
ever polished the paint, the car looks like brand new.

Happy cleaning :-)
PS: sorry for the bad English!

Bye..
Thomas
- ---
THOMAS.OTTERBEIN@domain.elided
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thott/bmw.htm
=B498 325tds touring, Sport Edition, BMW CCA #162068

End of bmw-digest V9 #534