An Open Letter to Mark Kibort

(And I know I'm gonna hate myself for posting this, but here goes...)

To the Digest:  I am 4 days behind on my Digest reading.  I'm still seeing
lots of difficult-to-read-and-understand posts from Mark Kibort.  I've been
following this for over a week.  He has twice (as of last Friday) said he
was making his last post, and I'm 10 Mark Kibort posts past the second
"final" one.  Another, more current Digester told me that it is still going on.
I now offer the following open letter to Mark in an effort to get him to stop
posting to the Digest about the ERAM.  PLEASE don't post any more
with a half a Digest full of stuff that everyone keeps saying they don't
care about.  If you really don't care, the DON'T RESPOND!  Thank you for
allowing me the bandwidth to post this.

Mark:

The ERAM may or may not be the best invention since sliced bread.  It
may provide untold benefits at a minimal cost.  You may have absolute,
undisputable proof that it works.  You may be the smartest person in the
BMW world.  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but none of that
matters.  Regardless of what it is or what it does or what it costs or
what you can prove, the BMW Digest has said repeatedly that they don't
care, and they don't want to read about it any more.

PLEASE STOP POSTING TO THE DIGEST ABOUT THE ERAM.  It is time for
us to move on.

In addition to everyone's lack of interest, there is another matter of which
you should be aware.  The Digest rules, which you received when you
subscribed, state that no unauthorized commercial advertising is
allowed.  It sounds like, right now, you're not quite ready to start selling
this thing, so this is not currently a problem.  But, it sounds like you're
very close to being ready to cross that line.  When that time comes, most,
if not all of the 4000 members of this list will not be buying your product.
Why?  It doesn't matter why, you've worn out your welcome on this
matter.

PLEASE spare us any further agony with your lengthy, hard to read,
hard to understand messages about the ERAM.

Here's the thing, Mark.  Maybe it works.  Maybe it is the best kept secret
ever on the face of the earth.  Here's what I suggest:  Put it in your
Bimmer (you do have a Bimmer, don't you?) and bring it out to an
autocross.  Prove to everyone what a great secret it is.  Show us it's
value in the REAL WORLD, not just in writing.  Surprise us.  Make us all
wish we had one.  Then you will be able to sell the ERAM.

Oh, by the way, if you bring it out next year to a Golden Gate Chapter
autocross, be sure to being along those dynamometer graphs, so we
can properly classify your car.  All we need to know is the engine's peak
torque, it will be very simple for us to classify your car.  After you've run
it at a few events, the results will speak for themselves.  Then everyone
will be asking, what's that car got that I don't have?  Then you'll make a
killing in the market and you'll be happy.  You'll have ads running in the
Roundel and Bimmer Magazine and BMW Car and you'll be the envy of
the Bimmer world.  And you'll be able to tell everyone, look at how this
thing works!  And we'll all be kicking ourselves in our own behinds for
not listening to you.  Won't that be wonderful?  You bet it will!

Until then, please, PLEASE, PLEASE!, stop posting to the Digest about the
ERAM.  You're pissing everyone off and wasting our time.

Thank you for allowing me to express my feelings.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977

(Oh, I know I'm a gonna take some flak for this!)