RE:E30: Fuel Injector Question

Andrew wonders:
- ------------------------------
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:31:45 PST
From: "Andrew Weesner" <acweesner@domain.elided>
Subject: E30:  Fuel Injector Question

I have a 1987 325is with 173k miles.

About once every six weeks I throw a can of Ventil Sauber into my gas
tank to clean out my fuel injectors but the effectiveness never seems to
last very long.  My car still displays symptoms of dirty/clogged fuel
injectors after only a few weeks.

I'm thinking about having them cleaned by a fuel injector cleaning
company here in Boston.  To my knowledge, my car's injectors have never
been thoroughly cleaned.

I am wondering if anyone has had there injectors cleaned and what the
results are.  Should I have this done considering the mileage on my car?
How much should I expect to pay?  Can I expect performance & gas mileage
to improve?

Best regards,

Andrew Weesner
1987 325is
Milton, MA
- ------------------------------
Andrew,

I have an 87 325is, 162k miles.  I would not recommend paying someone to "clean"
the injectors.

Check out my tips on Gustavo Melo's most excellent E30 web page:
http://www.gus-melo.com/home.html

Injector cleaning tips at:
http://www.gus-melo.com/injector_clean.html

EMAIL me if you have further questions.