Spartanburg Build Quality

I had a fairly early production (February '96) Z3 that did not have
any build quality issues. I had other design and engineering issues
with the car but build quality, fitment, paint etc. were just fine. In
fact, contrary to a lot of complaining I heard from others, that car
in Arctic Silver may have had the best looking paint job I've ever
seen on a new car. Paint seemed soft though. I had a quite a few chips
in the front after two years and 6,000 miles. Car looks goofy (nose
heavy) in a bra but needs one.

All this is past tense because I traded it in for something far more
practical...ned.

'98 M3 [BLACK M3]
BMW CCA 127659
UUC approved 2-door coupe with a back seat, a real trunk
and a couple of practical mods ;-)